Available for iOS & Android Devices!
You need this Lao phrasebook app so you can survive and enjoy your trip to Laos. 1,500 entries, crisp clear sounds for every Lao word.
This support page provides the advantages of the app and explains how it works.
- Key Features
- How it Works
- Change Text Size
- Licensing FAQ for Android devices
- More Language Products
1) Key Features
- Works with all Apple and Android devices.
- Simple to use, yet very comprehensive.
- Over 1,500 practical and useful phrases for common situations.
- Each Lao phrase is spoken by a native Lao person.
- Hearing the spoken Lao will help you increase the speed of learning the language.
- Paiboon’s system of transliteration shows you how the Lao words are pronounced using Romanized letters so you don’t have to be able to read the Lao script.
- The Search function allows you to find the word or phrase you need.
- Build your list of Favorite phrases with the Favorites tool.
- Increase the size of the text as large as you need it.
2) How it Works
When the app first starts the Help screen appears and explains the Symbols used in the app. The Help screen also shows how to increase the size of the text, how to add Favorites and how to Search for the phrase you want. You can always access the Help page by selecting the question mark (?) icon.
The Index contains 23 sections as you see in figures 1 & 2. Click on any section and you are taken to the list of items in that section. Click on any item in the list and the Lao voice will speak the item. Use the back arrow at the top of the screen to return to the Index.
When you are within a section as shown in Figure 3, you will be presented with the phrase in English, the Lao script and the transliteration of the phrase. Click on the phrase and you will hear the Lao phrase spoken.
Note that the screen images for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android devices are all very similar to the what you see in these figures.
3) Change Text Size
If you purchased your app through the Android Play Store you can download the optional expansion pack to be able to change the text size (small, medium, large). If you cannot change the text size (small, medium, large) please click on the “Download font package” button on the lower right size of your device on the “change text size screen.”
Our Survival Lao for English Speakers App for iOS and Android operating systems does not collect any of your personal information. We do not have access to any of your personal information and therefore cannot and do not share it with any other entity. The only data that we store within the app is your Favorites.
5) Licensing FAQ for Android devices
If you have questions about Android licensing issues please visit our Talking Thai <> Eng Dictionary App FAQ section at our Paiboon – Word in the Hand website.
*Please note that only the Android Licensing FAQ items apply to the Survival Lao for English Speakers App. All the other questions apply specifically to our Talking Thai-English Dictionary app.
6) More Language Products
Please see our Facebook page for more language products.